Alright. HiveFest will take place in VR. We use AltspaceVR social VR software in which the HiveFest world is created.
It's recommended to download & run AltspaceVR prior to HiveFest to get acquainted with the controls and etiquette. Plus it's fun too!
Logging in & creating your avatar:
- Launch the AltspaceVR software on your device of choice, whether on a headset or on a 2D desktop app.
- By default you are signed in as a "Guest123124213".
In the bottom left of the AltspaceVR interface you see a Radial-HUD menu. In 2D mode this can be hidden and then you should do a "right mouse click" to reveal it. (Right mouse click toggles "cursor view" and "walk view"). Or use CTRL+RM-click to activate.
The Radial HUD menu consists of 7 options:
- Center A-triangle to enter the main-menus.
- Broadcast emoji's above your avatar and raise hand feature
- Toggle personal bubble so no-one can "walk through you" and keep a social distance :P
- Selfie cam: click to activate a 3 second countdown. Result is shown immediately and stored in your AltspaceVR account under "Photos"
- Regular cam: takes a picture of what you currently see.
- "You are here": opens the menu focused on info about the current world you are in.
- On the Aerial-HUD, click on the center A-triangle-logo to activate the main-menu of AltspaceVR.
- If you already have an account, login. If you don't signup. It's recommended to pick the same user/displayname as you have on Hive!
- Now take some time to customise your avatar. This way you are not a Noobie-Blue-dude once HiveFest is in full effect.
Show off yourself on your HiveBlog, take a selfie of your avatar!
- If you are in the main menu, close it (right tab "Close").
- Pick the Selfie cam option from the Aerial-HUD menu in the bottom-left. It's one of the 6 options and can't be missed.
- Once you click, it will countdown from 3 and take a picture. It will show the result immediately. Repeat until you have a desired result.
- Photos can be found in your AltspaceVR account @ https://account.altvr.com/photos